1 ¾ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon lemon zest
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
9.5 ounces asparagus stalks, trimmed
4 ounces low fat provolone or mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. Cut the chicken breast in half, length-wise. Please do not cut all the way though.
3. You need to create a pocket into each chicken breast.
4. Season the inside of the chicken breast with lemon zest, salt and pepper.
5. Place chicken on work surface and lay the cheese and 3 asparagus inside of each chicken breast and fold over, enclosing the filling.
6. In a small bowl mix together salt, pepper garlic powder and paprika. Then season the outside of the chicken breast with this spice mixture.
7. Heat a large and oven safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil.
8. Cook the chicken for 3 to 5 minutes each side and until the chicken is golden brown on top.
9. Place the chicken in the oven.
10. Bake for 20 minutes. Make sure the chicken reaches the internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Yields 4 servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 1 Green, 2 Condiments, 1 Healthy Fat
(Don’t forget to add 2 Greens to complete this healthy Lean & Green Meal)