2 teaspoons salt
1 ¼ teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
4 cups cooked spaghetti squash
4 slices Jennie-O Extra Lean Turkey Bacon
2 teaspoon minced garlic
¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 egg yolks
1 whole egg
½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Prick the squash all over with a fork.
3. Roast on a foil lined pan 1 to 1 ½ hours then let cool.
4. Slice in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and shred the squash with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl. (You could also cook this in the microwave 8 minutes on each side for a total of 16 minutes.)
5. In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, cook the turkey bacon until it becomes crispy.
6. Add the garlic. Sauté for 1 minute.
7. Add the broth and cook until the liquid has completely evaporated.
8. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs together with the cheese. Season with the remaining salt and pepper.
9. Combine the eggs with the turkey bacon mixture, warming the eggs in the pan. (Do not let the eggs cook through.)
10. Add the spaghetti squash and toss to thoroughly combine and until squash is heated through. Adjust seasoning, if necessary and serve immediately.
Yields 8 servings ~ Per serving – ¼ Lean, 1 Green, 3 Condiments
(don’t forget to add ¾ more Lean and 2 more Greens