3.5 cups eggplant
1.5 cup Walden Farm’s Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
¼ cup grated Pecorino cheese
1 cup cooked spinach
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Cut the 2 ends off the eggplants and then cut the eggplants lengthwise, into 1/4-inch thick slices until you have a total of 10 slices about the same size.
2. Set aside for about 10 to 15 minutes and then pat dry with a towel.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F.
4. Arrange eggplant on two parchment-lined baking sheets.
5. Cover tightly with foil and bake until eggplant is tender and pliable but NOT fully cooked, about 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Spread ¼ cup marinara sauce on the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
7. In a medium bowl, beat the egg then mix together with ricotta, Pecorino, spinach, garlic.
8. Pat eggplant dry with paper towels.
9. Dividing the ricotta-spinach mixture (about 2 generous tablespoons each) evenly and spoon onto one end of each eggplant slice, spreading to cover.
10. Starting at the short end, roll up slices and arrange them each seam side down in the prepared dish.
11. Top with remaining marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese and tightly cover with foil.
12. Bake until the eggplant is very tender, about 60 minutes.
13. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Yields 5 Servings ~ Per Serving – ½ Lean, 2 Greens, 2 Condiments
(Don’t forget to add ½ serving on Lean to complete this healthy Lean and Green meal!)