6 Cups Riced cauliflower
1/3 Cup chopped onion
2 cups (about 8 ounces) Baby “Bella” Portobello mushrooms, washed and diced
1 bunch asparagus
4 tablespoons butter
6 cloves garlic, crushed or chopped fine
1-1/2 cups chicken broth
6 ounces goat cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1. Prepare asparagus by cutting through entire bunch with the bands intact: start at the top and cut every 2 inches until the stalks begin to resist the knife. This will avoid the woody ends. Discard remainder.
2. Heat a large, high-sided skillet and melt two tablespoons of the butter over medium heat.
3. Add the onion, asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Cook about eight minutes stirring every few minutes.
4. Add additional butter and mushrooms. Cook another 5 minutes.
5. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute then add the cauliflower rice and chicken broth. Cook until broth has been absorbed and reduced and asparagus is tender about 10 more minutes.
6. Continue stirring and turning to be sure it doesn’t stick or scorch on the bottom of pan.
7. Remove from heat, stir in goat cheese until melted and the “risotto” has a creamy, blended texture.
8. Stir in pumpkin seeds just before serving.
Yields 8 Servings (1 cup size) ~ Per Serving – 1 oz of Lean, 2 Greens, 2 Condiments, 1 Healthy Fat,
(don’t forget to add the remainder of your Lean (between 4-6 ounces, depending on what kind of lean it is).