2 cloves garlic
½ cup green onion
2 teaspoons lime, juice
2 tablespoon chipotles in adobo sauce to taste
½ tablespoon ground cumin
½ tablespoon ground oregano
½ teaspoon. ground cloves
1 cup water
20oz cooked beef eye of round or bottom round roast, all fat trimmed
¼ teaspoon. kosher salt
½ teaspoon. black pepper
1 bay leaves
1. Place garlic, onion, lime juice, cumin, oregano, chipotles, cloves and water in a blender and puree until smooth.
2. Trim all the fat off meat, cut into 3-inch pieces. Season with salt and black pepper.
3. Heat the pressure cooker on high (use sauté button for Instant Pot), when hot add the oil and brown the meat, in batches on all side, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the sauce from the blender and bay leaves, cover and cook on high pressure until the meat is tender and easily shreds with 2 forks, about 1 hour. (65 minutes in an Instant Pot). (If you’re making this on the stove, simmer it on low at least 4 hours, adding more water as needed to make sure it doesn’t dry out.)
5.Once cooked and the meat is tender, remove the meat and place in a dish.
6. Shred with two forks, and reserve the liquid for later (discard the bay leaf).
7. Return the shredded meat to the pot, add 1/2 teaspoon cumin and 1 1/2 cups of the reserved liquid and pour over the shredded meat.
Yields 4 servings ~ Per serving – 1 lean, ¼ green, 3 condiments
(don’t forget to add 2 ¾ more Greens to complete this health Lean and Green meal)