2 (5 ounce) chicken breasts
4 ounces Sliced part skim mozzarella cheese
½ cup Grape tomatoes; sliced in half
¼ cup Basil leaves
1 ¾ teaspoons Italian seasoning
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board Using a sharp knife, cut slits across the chicken breast about 3/4 of the way through the chicken breast being careful not to cut all the way through. Depending on the size of your chicken breast, you’re going to want around 6 to 8 slits per chicken breast.
2. Stuff each slit with a slice of mozzarella cheese, half a grape tomato and a basil leaf.
3. Place chicken breasts in a baking dish that has been coated with non-stick baking spray.
4. Brush each chicken breast with olive oil.
5. Sprinkle each chicken breast with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
6. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160 degrees.
Yields 2 servings – Per Serving = 1 Leaner protein, ½ vegetable, 3 condiments, 1 fat
(don’t forget to add 2.5 more servings of veggies)