18 oz raw chicken
15 sprays non-stick pan spray for frying
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 ¾ cups green onion sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and brown the chicken on both sides. Place the chicken in a single layer on the bottom of a 9×13 (or larger roasting pan).
3. Combine the mustard, maple syrup, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk or stir until combined.
4. Toss together the sliced onions and sauce until evenly coated.
5. Pour the onion mixture over the chicken, completely smothering it.
6. Cover the pan tightly and bake for an hour and a half.
7. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 30-45 minutes, until cooked through and soft.
8. If you prefer VERY soft chicken, you can leave it covered the entire time.
Yields 2 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean , 2 Greens and 3 Condiments
(don’t forget to add 1 more Green to complete this healthy Lean and Green)