4 cups s Frozen Riced Cauliflower
3 Large Eggs
½ teaspoon Salt, to taste
½ teaspoon Pepper, to taste
1 ¼ cup Lite Shredded Mozzarella
Butter Flavored Canola Oil Spray
3 ounces part-skim mozzarella
½ cup Fresh Basil Leaves
4 slices Roma Tomatoes
Cauliflower Crust Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425º.
2. Pour cauliflower into a pyrex pie dish; microwave on high for 5 minutes; take out and stir—repeat 3 times (total time in microwave = 20 minutes).
3. Spread the heated cauliflower over a large piece of parchment paper or clean dish towel and let cool completely.
4. Add eggs, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl and whip.
5. Add cauliflower and cheese; mix well.
6. Line a quarter-sized sheet pan (about 9 1/2” x 13” x 1”) with parchment paper and spread the cauliflower mixture evenly across the pan.
7. Place in oven for 25 minutes; remove when the cauliflower is baked to a golden brown on top. Allow to cool completely in the pan.
8. Cut into sandwich slices. Use right away or refrigerate or freeze until ready to use. (Once refrigerated or frozen, place in a 350ºF oven for 6 to 10 minutes to bring to room temperature before serving or using in recipes.)
Grilled Caprese Directions:
1. Taking two slices of the prepared Cauliflower Crust, spray one side of each slice of crust with butter flavored canola oil, and place the slices (sprayed-side down) on a clean working surface.
2. On each crust, layer on two slices of mozzarella.
3. On one crust, atop the cheese, layer the tomato, and the basil.
4. Carefully sandwich the crusts.
5. Heat a large fry pan or griddle over medium heat until hot. Place the sandwich on the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. After about a minute, cover the pan with a large lid, and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes more, until the bottom is golden brown. Flip the sandwich and let it cook for 3-4 more minutes (covering again after 1 minute to encourage the melt), until cheese is melting.
6. Transfer the sandwiches to a cutting board and cut in half. Serve immediately.
Yields 3 Servings ~ Per serving – 1 Lean, 3 Greens, 1 ½ condiments