1 Tablespoon of canola oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 scallion, chopped
2 celery ribs, diced
1 small green bell pepper, seeds and membranes removed, diced
1½ cups diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
2 cups water¼ tsp dried thyme
1 bay leaf¼ tsp cayenne
1½ cups chopped okra
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 cups riced cauliflower¾ lb. peeled and deveined shrimp¼ tsp each: salt & pepper
1. Heat oil in a large pot, and add the garlic, scallions, celery, and bell pepper; cook until translucent.
2. Add the tomatoes, water, thyme, bay leaf, and cayenne; simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add the okra and chicken, and continue to simmer until tender, about 7 to 10 minutes.
4. Add the cauliflower and shrimp, and simmer for 3 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through. If gumbo is too thick, add water as desired.
5. Season with salt and pepper
6. Serve hot.
Yields 4 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 3 Greens, 1 Healthy Fat, 2 Condiments