1¾ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
½ cup almond flour
2 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons large flake nutritional yeast
½ teaspoon each: salt & pepper, divided
1, 15-oz. can petite diced tomatoes
½ teaspoon dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 scallions, chopped
2 medium zucchinis (1 lb. total), cut, sliced, or “spiralized” into noodle-like strands (should yield about 4 cups zucchini noodles)
1. Preheat oven to 400⁰F.
2. Combine almond flour and nutritional yeast in a medium-sized bowl. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper, and then coat both sides with almond mixture.
3. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165⁰F. Once cooked, remove chicken from oven and set aside to rest.
4. While chicken bakes, combine tomatoes, oregano, garlic, and scallions in a pot and simmer on low for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Steam zucchini “noodles” in a steamer basket over boiling water on stove top until tender.
6. Serve zucchini “noodles” with marinara and chicken.
Yields 4 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Leaner, 3 Greens, 1 Healthy Fat, 3 Condiments