2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1¾ lbs. 99% lean ground turkey
2 scallions, trimmed and minced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1¼ cups diced tomatoes
¼ cup chicken stock
½ cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
½ cup basil, chopped
1¼ lbs. zucchini, cut or spiralized into “noodles”
2 tablespoons reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
1. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick skillet, and cook ground turkey, stirring occasionally to break it up into smaller pieces.
2. Once the turkey has turned opaque, add the scallions, garlic, crushed red pepper, paprika and ¾ teaspoon of salt.
3. Add the tomatoes and chicken stock; cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the yogurt and basil.
4. In a separate skillet, quickly sauté the zucchini “noodles” until tender, about 2 minutes. Season with remaining salt.
5. Arrange the zucchini “noodles” on a plate and top with meat sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve warm.
Yields 4 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 3 Green, 3 Condiments, 2 Healthy Fats