3 red, yellow,
orange or green bell peppers
very small amount of olive oil
pinch of low sodium salt
3 small-ish chicken breasts (about 12 oz cooked)
1/4 cup shredded light or low fat cheese
4 tsp low-salt fajita mix
1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
1, Put the chicken breasts in a crock pot on high with 4 Tbls of water for 4 hours.
2. Once cooked shred the chicken.
3. Squeeze half a lime over it and add cilantro.
4. Add the 4 tsp of a package of fajita seasoning. Stir.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
6. Cut bell peppers in half lengthways and trim off stem and remove seeds.
7. Place peppers face down on a baking sheet and lightly rub tops of peppers with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
8. Bake for 12 minutes or until peppers are soft and getting browned.
9. Scoop the meat mixture into the “cup” of the roasted peppers.
10. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
11. Bake again for about 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Enjoy eating like a taco or with a fork.
Yields 2 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean and 3 Greens
Message us for a Free Health Assessment