4 medium zucchini, ends removed
2 cups part-skim ricotta
1 2/3 cup shredded, reduced-fat Italian blend cheese, divided
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups Italian Tomato Sauce
* To salt the vegetables prior to cooking, you will need about 1 teaspoon of salt.
1. Preheat oven to 375 ˚F.
2. Slice two sides of the zucchini lengthwise to create two flat sides (save for another recipe).
3. Using a vegetable peeler or mandolin slicer, slice each zucchini into thin strips (1/8-inch thick).
4. In a medium-sized bowl, combine ricotta, one cup of Italian blend cheese, parmesan, egg, lemon zest, garlic, and nutmeg.
To assemble ravioli:
5. Lay two strips of zucchini noodles so that they overlap lengthwise, but so that the top strip is not completely covering the bottom strip (about 1/4-inch of bottom strip exposed on long side).
6. Lay two more noodles on top in the same way as the two first strips, but perpendicular to the (create a “t” shape) first strips.
7. Spoon one heaping tablespoon of filling in the center of the zucchini “t”.
8. Bring the ends of the bottom two strips together to fold over the ricotta mixture. Then, bring the top two strips over (you should now have a square).
9. Turn the ravioli over and place seam-side-down in a lightly-greased 9×13” baking dish.
10. Pour tomato sauce over the ravioli. Sprinkle with remaining Italian blend cheese.
11. Bake until the cheese on top is melted and lightly browned; 20 to 30 minutes.
Yields 4 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 3 Greens, 3 Condiments