12 Market Pantry (Target Brand) turkey meatballs
½ cup part skim ricotta cheese
½ cup 2% Mozzarella Cheese
2 cups/180 g (cooked weight) spaghetti squash
*you can substitute yellow squash or zucchini
1 cup Italian diced tomatoes (less than 5 g of carbs per 1/2 cup)
½ teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon dried basil
4 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place spaghetti squash cut sides down on the prepared baking sheet, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance.
3. Remove squash from oven and set aside to cool enough to be easily handled. Use a large spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash and set aside 3 cups. Save the rest for later.
4. Spread out Spaghetti squash in bottom of medium sized casserole dish.
* You can substitute the spaghetti squash with layers of zucchini or squash slices along the bottom of a medium sized casserole dish.
5. Spread ricotta cheese over the squash. Sprinkle garlic salt and basil over the ricotta cheese and squash slices.
6. Combine diced tomatoes with meatball pieces in a small bowl.
7. Pour over ricotta cheese.
8. Sprinkle mozzarella over meatballs and then top with grated parmesan cheese.
9. Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
10. Drain the excess water or liquid from casserole dish and serve
Yields 2 servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 3 Greens, 2 Condiments
Join our healthy newsletter which is emailed every Monday night. It has a healthy recipe, a health article and inspiring stories of those who are changing the future of their health on our program. To join, send me your email address and I will add you.