2.66 pounds beef stew chunks
½ cup leeks
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 garlic cloves
1 cup diced celery
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon thyme
½ teaspoon cayenne
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
14 ounces low sodium canned diced tomato
4 cups beef broth
2 bay leaves
2.33 pounds zucchini
¼ cup parsley
1. Place a large saucepan over medium heat. Add in the beef chunks and cook until browned. Remove from the saucepan and set aside in a bowl.
2. In the juices left in the pan from the beef, add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds
3. Add in the leeks and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Add in the celery. Cook for 2 minutes to let the vegetables sweat.
5. Add back in the beef chunks and add the Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and cayenne pepper and stir to combine.
6. Season with salt and pepper and add in the beef broth and diced tomatoes.
7. Place the bay leaves on top and cover to bring to a boil.
8. Once brought to a boil, lower to a simmer and cook for 40 minutes, covered.
9. Remove the cover and let simmer uncovered for 35 more minutes or until the stew thickens.
10. Divide the zucchini noodles into bowls and top evenly with spoonful’s of the stew.
11. Allow the stew to cook a couple minutes over the zucchini noodles.
12. Garnish with a bit of fresh parsley and Enjoy!
Yields 6 servings ~ Per serving – 1 Lean, 3 Greens, 3 Condiments