5 poblano peppers (10.5 oz = 3 green)
2 tbsp light butter (2 healthy fats )
3 Tbsp chopped onion (3 condiments)
2 cloves garlic, minced (2 condiments)
1 tsp ground cumin (1 condiment)
4 cups chicken broth (4 condiments)
Salt and pepper to taste
12 oz cooked chicken breast, shredded (2 lean)
8 Tbsp light cream cheese, cut into cubes (8 condiments)
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (save 1 1⁄2 cups for topping) (4 lean)
1. Roast poblano peppers until skin is charred and blistered. You can do this over the open flame on a gas stove, or by heating your broiler to high and placing poblanos within a few inches of the broiler (turning to get all sides charred).
2. Place poblanos in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let cool, then rub skin to remove as much as possible. Cut out seeds and then place in a food processor or blender to finely chop. Set aside.
3. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, and poblanos and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Stir in chicken broth and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Add chicken.
5. Add cream cheese and 2 1⁄2 cups of the cheddar cheese and whisk until smooth.
6. To serve, divide into 6 bowls and sprinkle each with 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Sit briefly under the broiler until cheese is melted and browned (this step is optional but OH SO GOOD!).
Yields 6 Servings
Each Serving provides 1 Lean, 1⁄2 Greens, 3 Condiments, 2/3 Healthy