2 ¼ lbs boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup green spring onion, diced
1 cup bell pepper, any color, seeded and chopped
½ cup jalapenos, seeded and diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
2 – 7 ounce cans green chilies
3 tablespoon thick canned coconut milk (unsweetened)
chopped green onions and cilantro for garnish
1. Chop the chicken and veggies. Then place a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the oil, onions, peppers, jalapeno, and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add the chicken, salt and spices and Sauté another 5-8 minutes, until chicken is nearly cooked through.
4. Add the broth, green chilies, and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
5. Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Shred the chicken and Serve topped with green onions and cilantro if you want.
Yields 4 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 2. 25 Greens, 3 Condiments, 1 Healthy Fat
(Don’t forget to add .75 more Greens to complete this healthy and yummy Lean and Green meal)