10oz cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin
3 teaspoons olive oil
6 slices of Canadian bacon, cooked and chopped
4 slices of sliced low-fat Mozzarella cheese
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt to taste
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon fresh parsley
5 tablespoons freshly grated reduced-fat parmesan cheese
1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
1 slice sun dried tomatoes
- In a large skillet, cook your Canadian bacon, remove from pan, drain fat.
Chop the bacon and set aside.
- In that same large skillet add the olive oil. Place your thin sliced pieces of chicken in the skillet and cook on a medium to high heat for roughly 4 minutes on each side OR until browned lightly on each side and cooked all the way through (NO PINK). Remove fully cooked chicken from your skillet, and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add in the unsweetened vanilla almond milk, chicken broth, garlic powder, parsley, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Whisk over medium/high heat until ii begins to thicken.
- Add in your spinach and sun-dried tomatoes and allow it to simmer until the spinach starts to wilt.
- Turn the heat on low
Next add in the chicken one at a time into the pan, lightly coat with the sauce and place the sliced mozzarella cheese over each chicken piece and sprinkled the cooked bacon.
Cover for about one minute until the cheese completely melts.
Yields 3 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 1/3 Green, 1 Healthy Fat, 3 Condiments