3 cups packed freshly shredded raw zucchini
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons almond flour
4 tablespoons reduced-fat parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
4 oz of reduced-fat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add shredded zucchini to a large bowl and let sit 10-15 minutes. Drain excess water from zucchini bowl. Using a tea towel or several sturdy paper towels, add in 1/2 cup of zucchini into towel and wring dry. Repeat with remaining zucchini. When you are finished, you should have about 2 1/2 cups of zucchini remaining. It is okay that the zucchini is still damp. If you’ve made cauliflower crust before, you do not need to wring zucchini as dry as the cauliflower.
3. Add in eggs, almond flour, shredded Parmesan cheese and pepper. Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
4. Divide zucchini batter evenly into four servings and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a spatula, thin and spread out the divided batters to form four bread squares measuring 4.5 inch x 4.5 inch x 1/4 inch.
5. Bake in oven for about 15 minutes or until surface starts to turn a light brown. Gently, using a spatula, flip breads over and cook an additional 10 minutes or until the tops of the breads are a light brown.
6. Remove from oven and flip breads again. The side on top should now be crispy. The underside will be slightly softer but this will be the inner bread sections where you will place the cheese.
7. Place 2 ounces of cheese in between two zucchini breads and do the same for the other two pieces. Place the sandwiches into your oven and broil for a few minutes (about 5-10) until cheese is melted.
Yields 2 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 3 Greens, 3 Condiments