18 oz Raw Chicken Breasts – should yield 12 oz cooked
¼ teaspoon Salt or garlic salt
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/8 teaspoon Pepper
FOR THE SAUCE:
1 Cup Mushrooms
1 scallion, thinly sliced
½ cup lower-sodium chicken broth
2 wedges Light Queso & Chipotle Laughing Cow cheese
¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
Dash of Salt (optional)
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes per side. Transfer to plate and keep warm with foil tent.
2. Spray pan with non-stick spray and add the mushrooms, scallions and a splash of the broth to the skillet. Cook over medium heat, tossing frequently, until the mushrooms have wilted, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the remaining broth, light cheese wedges, rosemary and dash of salt. Stir until the cheese melts, about 1 minute.
4. Return the chicken to the pan and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through and still juicy, about 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Divide the chicken and sauce evenly among two plates.
Yields 2 Servings ~ Per Serving -1 Lean, 1 ½ Greens, 1 Condiment and 1 Healthy Fat
(Don’t forget to add 1 ½ additional servings of greens per person. I’ve chosen steamed broccoli in this cooking.)