8 eggs at room temperature
2 oz. low-fat, shredded provolone
6 pieces lean turkey bacon, diced
12 oz. baby spinach
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon each or less: salt & pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 425⁰F.
2. Carefully separate the egg whites and yolks, placing the whites in a large bowl and the yolks in a small bowl. For best results, make sure there is no yolk in the bowl with the egg whites.
3. With an electric mixer, whip the egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes. Gently fold in the provolone cheese and turkey bacon with a rubber spatula.
4. Spoon 8, equally sized mounds of egg whites onto a lightly greased baking sheet. With the back of a spoon or your finger, make an indent in the center of each mound to create a nest. Bake until lightly golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Remove baking sheet from oven, and carefully spoon one egg yolk into each indentation. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Bake again until yolks are set, about 4 to 5 minutes.
6. While the eggs bake, cook garlic in a lightly greased skillet over medium-high heat until aromatic, about 1 minute. Add spinach and continue to cook until spinach has wilted. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Serve cloud eggs on top of a bed of wilted spinach.
Yields 4 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 3 Greens,1 Condiment