½ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 clove garlic
¼ cup grated parmesan
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon fresh pepper to taste
3 teaspoons olive oil
27.3 oz raw skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes
16 wooden skewers
1. In a food processor pulse basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil while pulsing.
2. Combine the raw chicken with pesto and marinate for a few hours in a bowl.
3. Soak wooden skewers in water at least 30 minutes (or use metal ones to avoid this step).
4. Beginning and ending with chicken, thread chicken and tomatoes onto 8 pairs of parallel skewers to make 8 kebabs total.
5. Ensure that grill grates are clean and lightly spray with oil.
6. Heat grill over medium heat until hot.
7. Place the chicken on the hot grill and cook about 3-4 minutes; turn and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Yields 3 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 1 Green, 2 ½ Condiments, 1 Healthy Fat
(don’t forget to add 2 more Greens to complete this healthy Lean and Green Recipe)