4 cups raw cauliflower florets
4 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
6 ounces cheese
for a kick: pepper jack
OPTIONAL: add cubed chicken or diced turkey bacon. OR Jalapeños!
1. In a microwave-safe dish, combine the cauliflower, butter, cream, salt, and pepper and mix thoroughly.
2. Microwave on high for about 25 minutes, or until tender. (You can always start with 10 minutes, then 10 more, then 5 more if you think it is necessary. Some microwaves cook differently than others. You want it soft enough to mash with a fork. The longer it stays in, the thicker the sauce gets.)
3. Remove from the microwave and mash with a fork or potato masher – OR leave chunky.
4. Lay the slices of cheese across the top of the cauliflower.
5. Microwave for another 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve hot.
Yields 8 servings ~ Per serving – ¾ Lean, 1 Green, 1 Healthy Fat, 1 Condiment,
(Don’t forget to add ¼ more Lean and 2 more Greens)