Zucchini Taco Shells
4 cups (950ml) zucchini, coarsely grated
1 large egg
½ cup (120ml) grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup + ½ tablespoon almond flour
½ teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
1. Heat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Put zucchini in a strainer and lightly salt. Let sit in the sink or over a bowl to drain as much moisture as possible, about 20 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, mix together zucchini, almond flour, cheese, egg, and garlic powder. Season with pepper.
4. Scoop 1/4-cup portions of the mixture onto the baking sheet, then press each gently down until 1/8-inch thick.
5. Bake until the shells are lightly browned and crisp, about 25 minutes. Let cool slightly, then fill with toppings of choice.
Yields 8 – 5-inch Shells ~ Per 1 Shell – 1 Green, 1.33 Condiments, ½ healthy fat
(Don’t forget to add 1 Lean and 2.67 Servings of Greens to complete this healthy Lean and Green)