3 ½ cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium zucchinis)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup grated parmesan chees
4 oz of reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese, divided.
4 oz reduced fat, shredded cheddar cheese, divided
½ lb. 90-94% lean ground beef
¼ cup chopped onion
1- 14oz can peeled diced Italian tomatoes
1 small green bell pepper chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place zucchini in a strainer, and sprinkle with salt. Let stand 10 minutes and then press to release moisture
- Combine zucchini with eggs, parmesan, and half of the mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Press mixture into a lightly greased baking dish. Bake uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the beef and onion in a medium skillet until done. Drain any liquid and then
stir in the tomatoes.
- Pour beef mixture over the zucchini and sprinkle with the remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Top with green pepper.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until heated through.
Yields 4 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 3 Greens, 2 1/2 condiments
Contact us for a FREE Health Assessment or for more information on how Katie and I lost a combined 185 lbs over 7 years ago – and kept it off.