3 ½ cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium zucchinis)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup grated parmesan chees
4 oz of reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese, divided.
4 oz reduced fat, shredded cheddar cheese, divided
½ lb. 90-94% lean ground beef
¼ cup chopped onion
1- 14oz can peeled diced Italian tomatoes
1 small green bell pepper chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Place zucchini in a strainer, and sprinkle with salt. Let stand 10 minutes and then press to release moisture
3. Combine zucchini with eggs, parmesan, and half of the mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
4. Press mixture into a lightly greased baking dish. Bake uncovered, for 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook the beef and onion in a medium skillet until done. Drain any liquid and then stir in the tomatoes.
6. Pour beef mixture over the zucchini and sprinkle with the remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Top with green pepper.
7. Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until heated through.
Yields 4 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 3 Greens, 2 ½ condiments