With Labor Day right around the corner and the end of summer in sight, many will take one final vacation or weekend get-a-way. If you are still having trouble staying on plan while away from home, here are some tips to prepare for your weekend get-a-way.
▪ Plan it out: Do your research ahead of time and see what restaurants are nearby and how well they will accommodate your Lean & Green Meals. Choose a restaurant that will cater to your needs. The dining out guide may become your new best friend!
▪ Pack enough healthy fuelings (food): Fuelings are supposed to be quick and easy, most of them will go wherever you go with little to no preparation. Although realize you can’t pop over to the store to pick them up. Make sure you pack at least five per day, maybe even a couple extra just in case.
▪ Drink your H2O: Alcohol and get-a-ways may seem to go hand in hand, although it can derail your plans for a healthier you. Not only can alcohol pack on hundreds of calories—per drink!—to your daily totals, it also can lead to the weakening of your willpower.
▪ Stay active: Don’t forget to integrate 30 minutes of motion into each day of your get-a-way. Take a walk on the beach, explore a nature hike, or paddle a boat. This is the perfect way to maintain, or even increase your activity level.
▪ Don’t wait to weigh-in: Part of the Program we coach means monitoring, and if it will help you stay on track, find a scale—at the hotel, a spa, or a gym – and weigh yourself at the start of your trip. Then try to maintain that weight all week!