5 cups (27.3 oz) cooked spaghetti squash
1 tablespoon butter
5 tablespoons onion diced
4.56 oz. baby bella mushrooms
7.89 oz red bell pepper
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon sage
1 teaspoon thyme
6 oz. low-fat cream cheese
½ cup almond milk unsweetened
24 oz. Leftover turkey
6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cut the squash in half, hollowing out the seeds with a spoon
2. Place each half of the squash face-down on a baking sheet and roast the for 25 minutes in a 425 degree oven. (Or in the InstantPot for 8 mins and natural release)
3. While the squash cooks, sauté the onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of butter with all of the seasonings until they become soft. Turn the heat to low and add the cream cheese. Break it apart and mix until it melts creamy and smooth. Add the almond milk to thin the mixture.
4. When the squash is done baking, use an oven mitt to hold each half and scrape out the “spaghetti” into a large mixing bowl with a fork.
5. Add the cooked turkey and creamy vegetable mixture.
6. Toss to combine and transfer everything to a baking dish.
7. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees until the top becomes golden brown.
Yields 8 Servings ~ Per Serving – ½ Lean, 2 Greens, 2 Condiments
(Don’t forget to add ½ more Lean and 1 more Green to complete this healthy Lean and Green meal)