The holidays are officially underway! This means calendars are decorated with special events, gatherings and parties as well as folks celebrating and creating lifetime memories. It doesn’t mean you need to put your health goals up on a shelf! Planning and mindfulness are the keys to your success and staying consistent. Remind yourself of your goals and why they are important to you. Why “survive” the holidays, when you can actually thrive!
Here are 6 tips for attending holiday parties and staying on track.
1) Make it a point to mix and mingle AWAY from the buffet table.
2) Hold your water bottle in your dominant hand at all times.
3) Choose sparkling waters instead of alcoholic beverages. Maybe even bring your own SF sparkling water and put it in a Festive glass.
4) Eat before you go. If you arrive full, you are going to be less tempted to eat food off plan.
5) For potlucks, contribute a Lean and Green for all to enjoy. You would be surprised how many people are looking for something healthier to eat.
6) Choose the smallest plate available and only have one plate of food, being mindful of what you put on your plate. Eat slowly and enjoy your food.
Keep your goals in front of you.
Approach every meal, every snack and every party mindfully!
YOU CAN MAKE THE CHANGE!!