1 tablespoon olive oil
2 large zucchinis, spiralized
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 clove garlic, minced
½ small brown onion, peeled and finely chopped
3 tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning (or one packet of your favorite taco seasoning)
¼ cup water
14 oz can diced tomatoes
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
fresh cilantro leaves
one lime, sliced into wedges
HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING
1 tablespoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon paprika
1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
teaspoon table salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a large pan or skillet, add olive oil and bring to medium high heat. Add zucchini noodles and cook until zucchini release water and are just cooked. Drain water and remove noodles from pan, setting them aside for later.
2. Add garlic, onions and ground turkey to your skillet. Cook until ground turkey has browned, crumbling the ground turkey as you cook it. Drain out excess fat.
3. Sprinkle taco seasoning across turkey. Add entire contents of the diced tomatoes (including the liquid), ¼ cup water and stir into the turkey mixture. Stir and cook on medium heat until everything is evenly mixed, turkey is cooked through, and sauce has thickened.
4. Turn heat down to low and add in zucchini noodles. Gently toss zucchini into the sauce, but be careful not to cook the zucchini further or else the noodles will release more water and make the sauce watery. Sprinkle cheese over the pasta. Turn off heat and cover with a lid until cheese is melted
5. Garnish with cilantro and squeeze lime juice if desired before serving.
6. Cover with a lid until cheese is melted.
Yields 2 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 3 Greens