4 large Portobello mushroom caps
1 lb. 90-94% lean ground beef
2 tbsp. chopped onion
1/4 cup diced poblano pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1; 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 cup shredded, reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
1. Preheat broiler on low.
2. Remove stems and gently scrape out the gills from the underside of the mushroom cap and discard.
3. Rub olive oil onto mushrooms and place on a baking sheet.
4. Broil until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Cook beef with onion, pepper and garlic in a large skillet until brown over medium-high heat.
6. Reduce heat and add tomatoes and spices.
7. Simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Divide the mixture into four portions.
9. Scoop one portion into each mushroom cap (serve any excess filling alongside the mushroom).
10. Sprinkle one ounce of cheese on to each mushroom.
Makes 4 servings:
Each serving is 1 Lean, 3 Greens and 2 Condiments