8 Tablespoon or ½ cup reduced fat cream cheese (4 ounces)
¼ cup egg beaters
5 tablespoons half and half (Cream)
½ teaspoon taco seasoning
8 ounces low fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
1.5 lbs ground turkey or beef, cooked
4 teaspoons taco seasoning
1 cup tomato puree – tomatoes chopped then puree to equal 1 cup
4 ounces diced green chiles
4 ounces Mexican cheese blend
1. For the crust, beat the cream cheese and eggs until smooth. Add the cream and seasonings.
2. Grease 9″x13″ baking dish; spread the cheese over the bottom. pour in the egg mixture as evenly as possible.
3. Bake at 375 deg F for 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before adding the topping.
For the topping
4. Brown the turkey or beef and drain the fat.
5. Stir in seasoning, tomato puree and chiles.
6. Spread over crust.
7. Top with cheese.
8. Reduce oven to 350 deg F and bake for another 20 minutes or so until hot and bubbly.
Yields 8 servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, ½ Green, 3 Condiments
(don’t forget to add 2 ½ more Greens to complete this healthy Lean and Green meal)