18 ounces chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
½ cup sun dried tomato, drained and patted dry (oil packed. Use enough to cover the chicken, cut into strips)
4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 cups spinach
Non-stick pan spray
1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 packet Splenda or Stevia
2 teaspoons olive oil
½ teaspoon EACH Italian mixed herbs and red pepper flakes
¼ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
2. Whisk together the Italian Dressing ingredients in a bowl. It will be thicker than salad dressing.
3. Cut a pocket into each chicken breast, taking care not to cut all the way through.
4. Coat the chicken (inside and out) with the Italian Dressing.
5. Place chicken on work surface. Stuff with sun dried tomato, top with cheese then finish with spinach leaves. Just stuff in as much as you can. Seal with toothpicks (just stick them in on the diagonal).
6. Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add chicken and cook for 1 1/2 minutes on each side, or until golden.
7. Transfer to oven and cook for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and chicken is cooked through.
8. Rest for 3 minutes before serving, drizzled with the juices in the skillet.
Yields 3 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 1 Green, 3 Condiments, 1 Healthy Fat