8 oz. mushrooms, thinly sliced
10 oz. spinach, fresh
1 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
2 tablespoons feta cheese
¼ cup parmesan cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Add the mushrooms, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a non-skillet spritzed lightly with non-stick spray. Sauté the mushrooms and garlic until the mushrooms are soft and all of their moisture has evaporated away (5-7 minutes). Add spinach and sauté until wilted.
3. Coat a 9-inch pie dish with non-stick spray. Place the veggie mixture in the bottom of the pie dish, followed by the crumbled feta.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and parmesan. Season lightly with pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and feta in the pie dish. Top with the shredded mozzarella.
5. Place the pie dish on a baking sheet for easy transfer in and out of the oven. Bake the crustless quiche for 45-55 minutes, or until the top is golden brown (ovens may vary). Cut into six slices and serve.
Yields 6 Servings ~ Per serving – 1/3 lean, 1 ½ Greens, 1 2/3 Condiments
(Don’t forget to add 2/3 more lean and 1 ½ more greens to complete this healthy meal)