• 1 small spaghetti squash – use 3 1/2 cups cooked
• 4 teaspoons Extra-virgin olive oil
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1 pound thin asparagus, steamed tender
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
• 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
• 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
Microwave on high 20 to 30 minutes, until fork-tender.
Scrape out squash strands with a fork; place in a bowl.
Drizzle with oil, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper; keep warm.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Slice asparagus into 1-inch pieces; sauté with garlic and rosemary for 1 minute.
Stir in ricotta and squash.
Season with salt and pepper.
Sauté until hot and creamy.
Top with pine nuts.
Makes 4 servings
Per serving: 3 vegetables, 1 fat, 2 condiments, ½ ounce protein