1 large spaghetti squash – use 3 ½ cups cooked squash
½ cup shallots or onion, chopped
4 minced garlic cloves
1 ¼ lb. lean grass-fed ground beef
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper or less
10 slices nitrite-free turkey pepperoni
2 cups no sugar added marinara such as Rao’s
½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
fresh chopped basil, for garnish
1. stick the fork in the rind of the spaghetti squash numerous trims. Place the squash in the microwave and cook for 9 minutes on high. Let cool for about 20 minutes.
2. Once cooled cut the squash in half long ways and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Throw seeds away.
3. Use a fork and rack across the inside of the squash. This will pull out the meat of the squash in spaghetti like strings. Throw away the rind.
4. Use paper towels to absorb the moisture from the squash.
5. Brown the ground beef adding the salt and pepper.
6. Whip the eggs slightly and add to the squash, shallots, garlic, Italian seasoning and finely minced basil and marinara. Add to the 3.5 cups of squash.
7. Roll out (layer) the spaghetti squash into a round pizza like crust (approximately 9 inches round).
8. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes and remove.
9. To the top of the pizza crust sprinkle ½ the mozzarella, then turkey pepperoni and browned hamburger. Add the remaining mozzarella.
10. Bake for another 15-20 minutes
11. Let cool, cut into slices and enjoy.
Yields 5 servings ~ Per serving – 1 Lean, 3 Greens, 3 Condiments