18 ounces raw chicken
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup green bell peppers
½ cup scallions
½ cup celery
1 teaspoon garlic
1 pound chicken sausage
20 ounces raw shrimp
1 cup tomato sauce (less than 5 grams of carbohydrates per ¼ cup)
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon oregano
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 large Spaghetti Squashes (use 5 cups of cooked spaghetti squash in total)
1. Stab Spaghetti Squash with a fork numerous times all around it. Be sure to penetrate the squash deep.
2. Place Spaghetti Squash in Microwave for 9-12 minutes depending on how big it is.
3. Let cool and then cut long ways and spoon out seeds leaving the meat of the squash
4. Using a fork, rack out the meat of the spaghetti Squash (it will come out like spaghetti strings)
5. Cover with foil to keep warm and set aside.
6. Season the chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
7. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil until simmering.
8. Add the chicken pieces and cook just until no longer pink in the center and move to a cutting board.
9. Add the peppers, onion, celery, and garlic to the drippings in the pan and cook, stirring, for about five minutes.
10. Add the sausage and shrimp cook, stirring, until the vegetables are tender and the sausage and shrimp are cooked.
11. Add the tomato sauce, paprika, thyme, oregano, cayenne, and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
12. Meanwhile, slice the chicken tenders into bite-sized pieces and add back into the pan.
13. Mix in Spaghetti Squash and warm
Yields 6 servings ~ Per Serving – 1 lean, 3 greens, 1 healthy fat, 2 condiments