1 – 2 ½ lb. spaghetti squash (to yield about 3 cups of spaghetti squash)
2 eggs (3.3 ounces)
1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt (2 ounces)
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ tablespoon fresh thyme
¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper
¼ cup reduced-fat grated parmesan cheese (1 Ounce)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Halve the squash and scoop out the seeds. place face down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper until squash is easily pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes.
3. Allow to cool, then scoop out the spaghetti strands and place in a large bowl.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium sided bowl, mix remaining ingredients except for the parmesan cheese.
5. Stir mixture into the spaghetti squash strands.
6. Spread spaghetti squash strands into a lightly greased casserole dish.
7. Top with parmesan cheese and press down to moisten.
8. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
9. Allow to cool for about 3-5 minutes and enjoy.
Yields 2 Servings – Per Serving – ½ protein, 3 Greens, 1.25 Condiments
(Don’t forget to add ½ serving of lean per serving)