Smoked Cowboy Steak
2 lb. Cowboy Steak (Bone in)
Salt (to taste)
Fresh course ground pepper (to taste)
1. Defrost Steak and season with Salt on both sides and edges.
2. Season Steak with pepper on both sides and edges
3. Let Steak sit for at least 2 hours in refrigerator to absorb seasonings.
4. Remove steak from refrigerator for 30 minutes
5. Heat smoker to 225 degrees
6. Smoke Steak for 45 minutes or until you reach and internal temp of 115 degrees
7. Remove steak from smoker and let rest while smoker heats to 500 degrees
8. place in smoker and sear for 7 minutes for rare and 9 minutes to medium well.
9. Flip steak and repeat step 8.
10. Remove from Smoker and let rest for approximately 10-15 minutes.
11. Cut from bone to 5 ounce servings.
* I salted and pepper steak very heavily and it came out very tender and juicy.
Yield depends on steak size and thickness. – Serving size is 5 ounces.
(Add 3 Greens to complete this yummy Lean and Green Meal)