1 ½ lbs or 24 oz raw chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
¼ cup lite soy sauce
2 tablespoons reduced sugar ketchup
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 packet of stevia or sweetener of choice
1 teaspoon minced garlic
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1. Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray,
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper, if desired and brown in skillet. Stir occasionally for approximately 3-4 minutes. Do not cook until done as it will continue to cook in the slow cooker.
3. Add chicken to the slow cooker.
4. Combine soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, sweetener of choice, garlic and ginger in a small bowl.
5. Pour the sauce over chicken and gently toss chicken with sauce to coat.
6. Cook on LOW for 2 ½ to 3 hours. This method results in moist cubed chunks of chicken. If you want the chicken to be shredded in texture, you can use whole raw chicken breasts and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours. Then shred the chicken with a fork after cooking.
7. Garnish with 1/3 ounce of chopped cashews and sliced green onions per serving. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Yields 3 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 3 Condiments, 1 Healthy Fat
(Don’t forget to add your 3 Servings of Greens to complete this healthy Lean and Green Meal) 1 ½ cups of cooked cauliflower rice or 1 ½ cups of steamed tri -color cabbage are great options!