1 1/2 lbs or 24 oz raw chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup lite soy sauce
2 tbsp reduced sugar ketchup
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 packet of stevia or sweetener of choice
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 ounce cashews, chopped
Sliced green onions ~ optional but subtract from your Greens if using
1. Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Brown chicken in skillet, stirring occasionally for about 3 to 4 min. It will continue to cook in the slow cooker.
4. Add chicken to the slow cooker.
5. To make the sauce, combine soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, sweetener of choice, garlic and ginger in a small bowl.
6. Pour the sauce over chicken and gently toss chicken with sauce to coat.
7. Cook on LOW for 2 1/2 to 3 hours
8. Garnish with 1/3 ounce of chopped cashews and sliced green onions per serving.
Yields 3 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 3 Condiments, 1 Healthy Fat
(Don’t forget to add 3 Servings of Greens to complete this Lean and Green Meal)