• ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
• 1 jalapeño, seeded, de-ribbed, minced
• 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated (use a microplane grater)
• 2 garlic cloves, grated
• 2 Tbs lime juice
• 2 Tbs soy sauce
• ¼ teaspoon Splenda
• ¼ tsp Salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 8 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 (10 ounce) blocks ahi tuna
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, Splenda, salt, pepper, and 6 tsp. of olive oil.
2. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat with the remaining 2 tsp. of olive oil. Sprinkle the tuna pieces with salt and pepper. Sear the tuna for a minute on each side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3. Turn down heat to medium. Pour cilantro sauce into skillet and cook for a minute to heat through.
4. Drizzle half the sauce over tuna and serve remaining sauce on the table. Either serve as whole tuna steaks or sliced
Yields 4 servings
Per serving – 1 Leanest protein, 3 condiments, 2 fats