4 pound whole chicken
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Wad three to four pieces of aluminum foil into 3 to 4 inch balls, and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Rinse the chicken, inside and out, under cold running water.
3. Pat dry with paper towels.
4. Mix the spices together and season the chicken.
5. Rub the seasoning under the skin of the breasts and place in the slow cooker on top of the crumpled aluminum foil.
6. Set the slow cooker on Low for about 8 to 10 hours, or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, or cook it on high for 1.5 hours
7. Remove skin and bones before eating.
You can have 5 oz of dark meat (legs, thighs or wings) or 6 oz of white meat (breasts).
*You can also bake this chicken in a preheated 250 degree oven uncovered. If you had two 4 lb chickens, you would bake it for 5 hours. With only one 4 lb chicken, you would bake it for about 3 1/2 to 4 hours or when the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees.
Yields 4 Servings (5 oz of dark meat (legs, thighs or wings) or 6 oz of white meat (breasts) ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 2.3 Condiments. (don’t forget to add 3 Greens to complete this healthy Lean and Green meal).