3/4 cup chopped tomato
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp pepper
¼ cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
1 cup cold water
1 cup kale leaves
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees
2. In a large bowl mix tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper.
3. Spread mixture on prepared sheet pan, Spray generously with PAM and roast in oven until tomatoes are very dark in spots, 35-40 min.
4. In a large saucepan, sauté onions with salt and cook until onions are very soft – 8-10 min.
5. Add basil leaves and sauté for 1 minute longer
6. Add the roasted tomato mixture and water.
7. Bring to a simmer and cook 10-20 min – then puree with an immersion blender until smooth.
8. For kale chips – preheat oven to 250.