1 pound assorted mini peppers, about 18 mini peppers
2/3 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1/3 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
4 slices turkey bacon
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt ~optional
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook turkey bacon and chop into very small pieces. Set aside.
3. Cut peppers in half lengthwise, removing seeds and ribs. Place on a baking sheet and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella cheese, turkey bacon, egg, parmesan cheese, basil, parsley, salt and pepper.
5. Fill peppers with the cheese mixture.
6. Bake for 18 to 20 min or until ricotta is set and cheese is melted.
Yields – 2 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 3 Greens, and 3 Condiments