3 pablano peppers
1 ¼ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
4 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup sliced green spring onion
¼ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chiles-solids only
1 cup chopped cilantro
6 oz. low fat Monterrey Jack Cheese (grated)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut tops off of poblano peppers and remove the seed cluster and cut in halves and lay them on a non-stick baking sheet
3. Roast the pepper halves for 15-20 minutes turning once half way through and remove from oven and cool
4. While peppers are roasting heat oil in non-stick skillet
5. Saute onion until tender
6. Add chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink
7. Add all the remaining ingredients, except the cheese.
8. Simmer 3-4 minutes longer.
9. Skin the pablanos and lay the skinned pepper pieces in the bottom of 3 individual casserole dishes.
10. Place 1 spoon of chicken mixture into each casserole.
11. Layer with 1/3 of the cheese.
12. Layer again with remaining chicken mixture.
13. Top with remaining cheese.
14. Pop into a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese is melted.
Yields 4 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 3 Greens, ¾ Condiments, 1 Healthy Fat