½ pound 94% lean ground turkey
1 ½ cups Italian tomato sauce
2 medium zucchini, ends removed
1 large eggplant, ends removed, widest section only
1 ½ cups part-skim ricotta
1 1/3 cups shredded, reduced fat Mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Using a mandoline slicer or knife, cut zucchini vertically into 1/4-inch thick slices.
3. Slice the widest section of eggplant horizontally into 1/4-inch thick rounds.
4. Lay vegetable slices onto baking sheets and salt and let rest for 15 minutes.
5. In a medium-sized skillet, brown meat then remove from heat and add tomato sauce and stir to combine; set aside.
6. In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine ricotta, one cup of Mozzarella, Parmesan, and egg.
7. Using paper towels, blot vegetable slices to remove as much moisture and salt as possible.
To assemble lasagna:
8. Spread 1/3 of tomato meat mixture onto bottom of lightly-greased square glass baking dish.
9. Top with a single layer of zucchini slices, followed by a single layer of eggplant rounds.
10. Top with 1/2 of ricotta mixture.
11. Repeat layers twice more, alternating the direction of the zucchini slices and ending on the last layer of eggplant rounds exposed (do not top with ricotta, you should be out of mixture at this point).
12. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top.
13. Bake for 45 minutes.
14. Let sit for a least 15 minutes prior to serving.
Yields 4 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 3 Greens, 3 Condiments