¾ lb. ground turkey
1 lb. Jennie-O Italian turkey sausage
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
1/3 cup grated or shredded parmesan
1 cup shredded zucchini
2 teaspoons dried minced onion
2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup Rao’s marinara sauce
8 oz shredded low-fat cheese (I used a two cheese pizza blend of mozzarella and provolone)
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
3. Combine all the ingredients for the meatballs and mix thoroughly.
4. Make about 24 meatballs and put them in the casserole dish.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
6. Carefully drain the cooking liquid from the casserole dish.
7. Top with the tomato sauce and cheese.
8. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
9. Broil for 3-4 minutes at the end to toast the cheese. (watch to ensure the cheese does not burn.)
Yields 8 Servings ~ Per Serving, 1 Lean, ¾ Green, 2 Condiments
(Don’t forget to add 2 ¼ more Greens to complete this healthy Lean and Green)