1 teaspoon olive oil
¼ cup diced onion
½ cup diced celery
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups chopped cauliflower florets
1 medium zucchini, chopped
2 cups chicken broth
1 bay leaf
¼ teaspoon each: salt and pepper
(1) 5.3 oz container low-fat, plain Greek yogurt
1 ½ cups reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided
12 oz. cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
2 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
chive to garnish (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the onion, and cook for a few minutes, or until translucent.
3. Add the celery and garlic, and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the cauliflower, zucchini, chicken broth, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
5. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer until vegetables are tender – about 8 minutes.
6. Remove from heat, and discard the bay leaf.
7. Puree the mixture in a food processor, with an immersion blender, or by using a potato masher.
8. Slowly mix in the Greek yogurt and 1 cup of the cheese,
9. Add the chicken and garnish with remaining cheese, bacon bits, and chives.
Yields 4 Servings ~ Per Serving – 1 Lean, 3 Greens, 3 Condiments