45 ounces raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
¼ cup finely chopped yellow onion
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon Splenda
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1 teaspoon sesame seeds, plus more for topping
2 thinly sliced scallions, white and green parts
1. Place the chicken breasts, 1 at a time, in a Ziploc bag.
2. Pound the chicken breast to an even thickness, about ½ inch thick, being careful not to puncture the bag.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, splenda, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, if using and sesame seeds. Reserve ¼ cup of the marinade and transfer the remainder to the Ziploc bag with the chicken.
4. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 1 hour.
5. Over medium-high heat, grill the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes or until it no longer sticks to the grill.
6. Turn the chicken, spoon the reserved ¼ cup of marinade over each breast and grill an addition 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with scallions.
Top of Form
Yields 5 servings ~ Per serving – 1 Leaner protein, 3 condiments
(Don’t forget to add 3 servings of Greens to complete this Lean and Green Meal)